Are you looking for a Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX review? Then you have come to the right place. Read till the end to know more.
If you’re looking for a car stereo, then the Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX is a great option. This is a brand new product on the market, meaning that people are eagerly awaiting its release. Let’s see what this stereo has to offer.
The Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX works great with Android Auto, so you can take advantage of navigation and all other features offered by the operating system on your bluetooth enabled phone. This is something that you’re going to like, as it offers a whole lot of new functionalities and features.
FM/AM radio works great, and Pioneer’s radio tuner technology is very advanced. The Choice of presets available is also excellent, and we’ve got to say that this stereo supports RDS very well. Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX also has HD Radio too, which will allow you to listen to digital audio broadcasts in full quality with no noise or hissing whatsoever.
This car stereo comes at a price that isn’t bad either- around $470. For what you are getting in return, this might be the best deal on the market. We can recommend it to everyone looking for a new stereo, as this is one of the best options you will find on the market at the moment.
The Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX gives off excellent sound quality because of its high power output – 50 watts x 4 (peak). Also, there’s MIXTRAX EZ installed in this unit. You can’t go wrong with that!
This is certainly something that you are going to like because unlike any other model out there, it works better than ever before. The Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX also comes with Spotify compatibility, so if you run this app on your phone, just plug it in and enjoy!
All that being said, if you’re looking to buy a new car stereo, then the Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX will be an excellent choice. We can recommend it to anyone looking for a new unit with many features and qualities. At only $470, this is certainly money well spent.
BEST CHOICE FOR MONEY
Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX
|The Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX works great with Android Auto, so you can take advantage of navigation and all other features offered by the operating system on your bluetooth enabled phone.||Check On Amazon|
Overview [Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX Review]
- Works great with Android Auto and has key factory audio features.
- FM/AM radio works great, and you can take advantage of RDS (radio data system) to get all the information about the song that’s currently playing. HD Radio is also available, which will allow you to listen to digital audio broadcasts in full quality through wireless audio streaming.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology for hands-free calling and phone navigation via apps like Google Maps or Spotify (if installed on your phone).
- 50 watts x 4 (peak power output).
- Comes with MIXTRAX EZ, which looks and sounds great.
- Superior call quality reception and adapter remote control.
- Compatible with Spotify (if installed on your phone).
- Excellent sound quality due to high power output.
- Comes with USB and AUX inputs.
- Controls: 4-way control pad, AM/FM tuner.
- Display: 2 line dot matrix display with 14 characters.
- Radio Presets: 18 FM, 6 AM.
- Sound Effects: MIXTRAX EZ and 3-band Parametric EQ with 7 presets can be applied to each audio source (except for USB and Android devices). Also, Advanced Sound Retriever is available too (for USB and Bluetooth Audio). There’s also a high pass filter and low pass filter that you can adjust according to your taste.
- Power Output: 50 watts x 4 (peak power output); 20W RMS CEA 2006 (13W RMS CEA 2010) @2 channels. Supported Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohm.
- AUX Input: 1 (front).
- USB Input: 1 (front).
- Android Control: Android device must support MTP or USB mass storage; USB OTG cable should be used to connect the phone directly to the head unit. Supported Audio Format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV.
- Spotify: If you run this app on your phone, just plug it in and enjoy! Spotify Connect is also available for audio streaming and selecting songs from your smartphone as well as controlling playback.
- Apple Music Support: Apple CarPlay™ lets iPhone users connect their devices to the Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX receiver using a USB cable and “mirror” the Apple device’s display on the receiver’s touchscreen (for iPhone 7 and newer). Not all apps on your phone will be compatible with CarPlay. More information and a list of compatible devices is available at www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/#carplay
- iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio allows users to tune into their favorite radio stations and podcasts from across the country using one simple application. With over 1,500 local radio stations in its database, users can search for their favorite music, talk shows, and news programs without worrying about AM/FM band conditions or static interference.
- Heartnut: Along with everything you’d expect from an advanced car stereo like built-in BluetoothÂ®, iPod connectivity, and steering wheel control compatibility, the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX features Pioneer’s exclusive heartnut app for iPhoneÂ®. This feature expands Pioneer’s relationships with national brands like iHeartRadio to bring our customers even more conveniences when using their receiver in their vehicle.
Pros and Cons – Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX Review
Design and Appearance
With its modern design, you will find this head unit interesting to look at. It has a detachable faceplate with an anti-glare matte overlay and it’s suitable for both DIN and ISO installations. All the buttons are well laid out on the unit itself so that they are easily accessible while driving, but the LCD screen is very small, which can be inconvenient if you have vision problems or just want to have a closer look at something on your display.
The USB port, AUX input, and SD Card slots are all located on the front. The buttons are made of rubberized material that can be easily pressed on. A small light next to the SD-card slot will turn green when it’s ‘powered on’, something I found useful because it’s not very intuitive at first glance that this small red light means it’s active.
You can connect your iPod, iPhone, or USB device using a standard 3.5mm jack/AUX cable. The unit also has an available Bluetooth connection that lets you pair your phone with it by entering a 4 digit code on the screen of both devices.
You can then make and receive calls in hands-free mode and stream music from your apps and internet radio stations. The sound from the microphone however is noticeably quieter than the one from your device, so it can be a bit difficult to hear what other people are saying if you’re driving.
The Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX also features a rear USB port that lets you hook up a flash drive with your favorite songs on it. They will then show up as an available source in the Pioneer’s menu and you can easily select them while driving.
You can’t play lossless audio files such as FLAC or ALAC formats though, so keep this in mind before buying a microSD card loaded with high-quality music for this unit.
Sound Quality and Advanced Features
The unit has a respectable built-in amplifier that produces 18 watts per channel (1 channel driven), and more than enough for most of the cars you’ll be using it with.
It also comes with several advanced sound processing features such as Live Drive (volume compensation for distortion caused by signal compression when recording music in MP3 format), Paralleled 4-Volt Pre outs (which allows more power to be sent to speakers and subwoofers without requiring an expensive external amplifier) and LPF/HPF/LPF+MPEQ/WFC functions.
You can adjust these settings on Pioneer’s screen or through its touchscreen while driving, but keep in mind some menus may not show up if your vehicle is moving at a high speed.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Customer reviews are generally positive so far with many owners reporting the interface is very intuitive and easy to operate, sound quality for calls is good, Bluetooth pairing process works smoothly, and the unit doesn’t show any sign of lag when playing movies. Some people have reported that its text readability could be better in direct sunlight though.
Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX The Pioneer DMH WT 8600 NEX is a good head unit for people who want to upgrade their vehicle’s system without having to spend too much money on the hardware itself.
It has plenty of advanced features including HD Radio, Mixtrax, built-in Bluetooth support, and USB connectivity that will let you enjoy your music more. There are some minor issues here and there that might require an adjustment period if you’re not used to touchscreens, but overall this is a solid product for its price.
It’s mostly plug-and-play, but you will need to attach the faceplate properly for it not to pop off while driving. Follow these steps
1) Turn off your engine and detach the negative terminal of the battery (for safety).
2) Detach your old radio by unscrewing its screws and disconnecting all cables attached to it. Some units will come with a wire harness that you can press into the back of this unit (this is what yours looks like if that’s the case).
3) Connect all cables/harnesses from your old radio to this one, turn on your vehicle again, and let it operate normally for a few minutes. The unit should automatically switch to the video source after it’s done booting up.
4) Adjust your speakers, subwoofer, and amplifier as necessary using the built-in microphone located at the top of this unit, play some songs to test if everything works properly, or watch a movie on DVD for further confirmation.
FAQs [Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX Review]
Does the unit support audio input from both front and rear?
Yes, you can connect RCA cables between the head unit’s ‘rear output’ and your amplifier/receiver at the back of your car.
How easy is it to install? Can I do it myself?
The DMH-WT8600NEX is pretty straightforward to install, but you might run into some trouble if your car doesn’t come with an optical out port (which means you’ll need to buy an adapter cable) or the plug for its USB port is located on the rear of your factory radio (in which case, you will have to remove some screws and detach some wires to replace it).
How much does installation cost?
A full installation should go for around $100-$150 depending on your location. If you choose not to get it professionally installed at all, I strongly advise against putting the faceplate directly onto the unit without securing it with the screws because it could pop off while you’re driving (I’ve seen that happen to someone before).
The touch screen responds slowly. What should I do?
First, make sure your fingers are clean and dry when operating the screen. The unit also works best with polarized sunglasses on, so keep this in mind if you use them.
The Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX is a decent head unit for people who want to upgrade their audio system without having to spend too much money along with getting decent sound quality. It has plenty of advanced features, touchscreen operation, and inputs (USB, HDMI, auxiliary) that will let you enjoy your media more.
However, it does lack support for wireless Apple CarPlay or Android Auto connectivity. If those aren’t important to you though and you’re looking for a good car head unit under $200 then the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX might be worth considering.
Now, I’ve always been a fan of Pioneer’s car audio equipment. I can’t give you an explanation as to why because they’re not even one of the biggest names in-car the audio industry (their biggest rivals would be Alpine and Kenwood).
The sound quality is excellent and it has plenty of features to keep you entertained on long trips. We highly recommend this unit if you’re looking for something that will provide a great listening experience without breaking the bank. Thanks for reading our Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX review. If you have any questions about the Pioneer DMH WT8600NEX or any of our other products, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
- How Do I Install Apple Carplay Radio? – Complete Guide 2022 - June 28, 2022
- Are Kenwood And JVC The Same Company? – Rightstereo - June 28, 2022
- How Do I Choose A Double DIN Head Unit? – Rightstereo - June 28, 2022